It was a “perfect match” for LIU Brooklyn on Psychology Internship Match Day. All of the doctoral students in the LIU Brooklyn Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program who applied for year-long clinical internships got their first choice of training site.
“Our students applied to many of the finest training sites in the nation,” said Dr. Phil Wong, Coordinator, Externship Program, Ph.D. Program in Clinical Psychology. “We are very proud that each of our students was selected among a highly competitive national pool of students and matched for their first choice.”
LIU Brooklyn’s elite Clinical Psychology Ph.D. program is a highly competitive program that is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association. It integrates new developments in the field without changing its core mission to provide doctoral training that gives rise to theoretical and clinically oriented questions which can become the basis for scholarly work and enable students to become excellent clinicians.
The program features a very strong student-faculty ratio. The faculty serve as academic advisors, clinical supervisors and research mentors in an atmosphere of stimulating intellectual dialogues about both clinical and research phenomena. The diversity of the student body at the Brooklyn Campus and the Ph.D. Program’s collaborative relationships with a range of training facilities in the New York area help students to develop their skills in a multicultural learning environment. The Ph.D. Program prides itself on the attention given to its doctoral students and the supportive, intellectually challenging atmosphere it provides.
LIU Brooklyn congratulates the following students on a successful match:
- Solara Calderon, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA Adult Track
- Rachel Diamond, SUNY Stony Brook – Counseling Center Stony Brook, NY Psychology
- Internship ProgramAdam Formal, Kings County Hospital Brooklyn, NY Adult Clinical Psychology Track
- Sophie Foss, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Anita George, Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY Psychology Internship
- Joshua Haag, Kings County Hospital Brooklyn, NY Adult Clinical Psychology Track
- Marie Hansen, New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center New York, NY Adult Psychology Track
- Andrew Hartz, Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY Adult Track
- Anna Jadanova, VA Hudson Valley Health Care System Montrose, NY Psychology Internship
- Daniel Judes, Pennsylvania Hospital Philadelphia, PA Psychology Internship
- Elspeth Kelly, Mt. Sinai Services/Elmhurst Hospital Elmhurst, NY Adult Psychology Track
- Monica Sicilia, Oakes Children’s Center San Francisco, CA Psychology Internship
- Jonah Teitelbaum, Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance Cambridge, MA Adult OPD/Adult Acute Services